Australian Biotechnologies is Australia’s leading manufacturer of allograft implants.We manufacture allograft solutions for a wide range of patient needs and surgical procedures. We are committed to research and development, focusing on ensuring safety whilst improving clinical efficacy.
We are rapidly expanding manufacturing team based in Sydney’s Northern Beaches, Frenchs Forest and have a rare opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Production Manager to support and lead our growing team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing the department on a permanent full-time basis.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Plans and oversees strategic and operational objectives of broad significance to the site.
- Control and coordinate all production demands for the achievement of the strategic sales objectives.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range operations goals, objectives and strategic plans; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Manages and/or provides day-to-day leadership to Supervisors and cross functional team members and set priorities accordingly.Oversee, coordinate and implement the Production Planning and Production schedules across shifts.
- Utilise LEAN manufacturing principles in achieving cost-reduction and productivity improvements.
- Lead & create engagement around continuous improvement and lean activities within the production line/area.
- Analyse Sales & Operating Plan requirements and provide production commitments for the production line/area
- Ongoing communication with Sales department for product forecasting and usage.
- Liaise with Product Research and Development department with the new Product Introduction and assist with cost structure, process flows and finished packed product specifications.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance, Quality Control and GMP for all aspects of manufacturing, equipment and facility.
- Understanding of Australian Standards and Guidelines covering Clean Rooms and the sterilisation of Medical Devices
- Review, approve and draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Schedule and conduct concise effective GMP training and Inductions whilst managing respective training records and training schedules, ensuring a full understanding and compliance to production procedures site wide.
- Enable and promote a culture of Operational Excellence and Quality mindset throughout the production line/area cross-functional teams.
- Track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to achieve or exceed product cost goals.
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with upper management.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect individuals within the assigned organizational unit or department.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. TGA regulations).
Benefits & Culture:
- Attractive Salary Packaging – Earnings potential up to $100,000 plus super salary will be dependant on experience
- Company Allowances – Receive a company phone and enjoy free parking on-site
- Professional Development – Undergo on-the-job training and receive immense support from a well-established company
- Friendly Team – Lead and support a friendly, small team
- You will be a natural born leader and be ready to embrace ongoing challenges that come with running a manufacturing facility.
To succeed in this role, you must possess the following:
- Valid rights to work in Australia (required)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing or production manager role (required)
- Appropriate manufacturing qualifications or relevant degree.
- Thorough understanding of LEAN manufacturing.
- Previous experience in working in pharmaceutical, medical device, Biologics industry (preferred)
- Ability to lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Can direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of GMP and Quality control (preferred)
- Strong computer skills are a must; e.g. excel, word, gantt Chart, ERP systems, LIMS.